Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Visit at the Wright-Patterson Fisher/Nightingale House

I was fortunate enough to make it to Dayton, OH on Friday in time to get a quick tour of the Fisher Houses located at Wright-Patterson AFB. There are two Fisher Houses at Wright-Pat. The original house was called the Nightingale House and it was the first compassionate care facility in the Department of Defense. The charity that runs the houses at Wright-Pat is the Fisher/Nightingale Houses, Inc. and Chris Stanley, the Executive Director, was kind enough to pick me up and give me a tour.

The original Nightingale House is being replaced by a brand new 10,000 sq ft, 13 bedroom, 13 bath Fisher House. The foundation has been laid and the wood for framing arrived the day I visited. The new house will increase the number of rooms available to military families visiting loved ones at the base hospital.

I'll be providing more details about the work at Wright-Pat and the other homes I visit at the end of the ride, but I wanted to make you aware of the first visit. The work these charities are doing is incredible. They can all use your support monetarily, or if you are fortunate enough to have one in your area, they can use your time too.

Here's a link to info about the houses at Wright-Pat: www.fnhi.org

No comments:

Post a Comment