Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 2 - I Think I'm Dry Now

As predicted, Day 2 began wet and ended wet. I woke up at 4AM to the sound of the thunderstorm rolling through Seymour, IN. I managed to doze until 6AM and by 6:40, I was heading off into the rain. I put in another 710 miles today, but a lot of it was interstate. Hey, if you have to ride in the rain, the interstate is as good a way to get there as anything.

I also dramatically changed the route today. Instead of going into Kansas, I decided to get further south and try my luck through Oklahoma. Plus, I got to stay with my in-laws and their price for a bed is even better than Motel 6.

The weather is weird (what did I expect in early spring). I'm worried about snow in the mountain passes in Colorado, so I am going to try my luck along I-40 instead. Several years ago I rode the old US-66 (Route 66) from Chicago, IL to Clinton, OK. I'm going to pick it up again in Clinton and ride it as far as Kingman, AZ. Tomorrow I hope to get to Albuquerque, NM, but they are predicting rain in NM. Could be another wet ending to my ride. I'll get pictures and more details about the ride once I get to Vegas. In the meantime, I need to get some sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're dodging the twisters and putting in impressive miles! Just so you don't lay awake wondering, we confirmed the JM's hometown was indeed Seymour (not that we doubted Paul!). Continue to travel safe! Michaela & Pete

    ReplyDelete