Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Made It To Vegas

I made it to Vegas last night. I avoided any additional bad weather and made good time. The day started out with temperatures right around freezing, but with crystal clear, blue skies. Luckily, I brought along enough warm clothes and layers that it wasn't too bad. My fingers and toes took the brunt of the cold.

I hit a few of the towns along Route 66 to break up the monotony and made the big Route 66 loop across the desert from Seligman to Kingman via Peach Springs. That was a nice ride. Yeah, I got pictures, but I haven't loaded them onto the computer yet. I should get to that today.

My son, his fiance and friends arrived last night, so the wedding party is getting cranked up. I bailed a little after midnight to leave them to their fun. I was ready for a comfortable bed and some sleep. Hopefully, I'll catch a second wind now that I've had some rest and be able to hang with the big dogs a little better tonight. Renee is getting in today, so she'll keep me in line.

1 comment: