Friday, May 7, 2010

Headed Home the Long Way

I bugged out of Las Vegas this morning. It was a long day with most of it on the interstate and retracing my course across Arizona. I was able to slip off I-40 in Holbrook and go across the desert on some 2-lane roads that were more interesting than the interstate. Also, I went down a dirt road near Flagstaff that led me to an overlook that had great views of Sedona and the desert. Yeah, I got pictures. No, I don't have them ready to post yet. Hey, I was in Las Vegas, so cut me a little slack. I promise the pictures will get posted. Hopefully soon.

I did have a minor mechanical problem today. That delayed me for a while, but I made it to my planned destination in Socorro, NM tonight. I probably could have gone a few more miles, but between my off road adventure and the extended stop at Grand Canyon Harley-Davidson for repairs, it was dark by the time I got to Socorro.

Tomorrow is wide open. I hope to get DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS tomorrow. The weather looks good, so maybe I can make good time and get pretty close to Houston. I'll be stopping by the Fisher House at the VA in Houston on Saturday morning then maybe the one at Keesler AFB in Biloxi, Mississippi later on Saturday. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment